Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday AM Update

Greetings All,

I spoke with our admin at VT.  He got things working properly for the most part.  FOR NOW when you go to mail.vcom.edu and then login (WITHOUT vcom\) you will get a certificate error.  If you continue through the certificate error then you should have access to your email.  During the transition phase there is nothing that can be done about the cert error.  We will be in a transitional period for a little while so you should see the interface change as well as the cert error disappear. 

 Phones:  This afternoon I will do some testing with my Android based phone.  I will post what is working for me and what should work for everybody else. 

Outlook users:  At this time I have no reported problems accessing email through Outlook.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Saturday!!!  We have some mixed results this morning.  Outlook clients look to be working well.  The link to mail.vcom.vt.edu is taking you to where you should end up however most accounts can’t login.  The temporary work around is to go to elros.vcom.vt.edu and log in there.  Please remember to put vcom\ then your username to log in.

I notified the mail admin so hopefully the mail.vcom.edu will be working properly shortly.




A quick note about phones:

Until the dust settles I won’t know for sure what will work on the various platforms.  The priority for this weekend is Web Outlook and Outlook clients.  As time permits I will post what settings do work however, patience is advised because what may work during the upgrades might not work once they are done.  I apologize for the issues.  The end result of this will be well worth the temporary problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment